Wednesday 22 August 2012

And then there are the people...

I have talked a lot about what we did in Montpellier but rudely, I have barely mentioned the wonderful people I spent the week with. There were 15 of us... 8 girls, 3 guys and 4 leaders :) We lived in a wonderful house together for 7 days and it was honestly, the best and most crazy week of my life.

In the beginning I was apprehensive... as I am in all new situations. I arrived in Croydon laden with my backpack and then walked into the room to see several familiar faces, but some new ones too... it was definitely scary to know that I'd be spending a whole week living with people I barely knew, but I trusted that it'd work out. And work out it did. I have ended up with some fantastic friends who are truly an inspiration to me.

They are kind, funny, caring, clever and ridiculously fun to be with. They all have spectacular gifts: prophecy, insane bible knowledge, fun facts, prayer, and most of all an extremely evident passion for Jesus and seeing people saved. I loved getting to know them, getting to laugh and joke with them, and seeing them again at Newday, even if only briefly, was like being reunited with family. They have set me a challenge... in France our response to everything was to pray and I learnt a lot about prayer on Global. I learnt that it is a powerful weapon and something that God rewards. He loves obedience; he rewards it.

I also loved the fact that I was with people who had felt the same call to the nations and had the same passion as me... it was new and pretty incredible.



At this point I need to mention the "Frenchies"... the people who were part of the church plant out in Montpellier. Being out on the streets with them, getting to know them and being able to pray and support them was a privilege in itself. They were so welcoming and the challenge they faced moving out there and starting a church is something that has been so inspiring, and to be a part of that has been incredible.

God is so good to me, and I really feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world to have been a part of something so special. And I hope that it won't be "been", and that I will keep seeing what is going on out there and staying in touch with the amazing friends I have made.

(This is really soppy and sentimental, but you are all more than deserving of a blog post and I mean every cheesy word :P )
Awkward Tram... We might be a little mad?!

16-19 year olds dancing to disney songs... Us, immature, never! (ALWAYS)

1 comment:

  1. awwwwwwwww <3 <3 helen i love you to
    loved seeing you at newday xx

    ReplyDelete