Tuesday 31 July 2012

The Lifehouse Skit

While we were in France we had the fantastic opportunity to perform the Lifehouse Skit. It is a dance to a song called Everything by Lifehouse. It is a simple but really effective way of portraying the gospel and can be really powerful.

When it was first suggested that we should make up our own routine to it, I was less than ecstatic. I do not like performing... it terrifies me. But I thought that maybe it was time to conquer this fear, and what better way to do it than by glorifying God? I ended up with some of the most incredible memories and unbelievable opportunities from doing this.

It triggered lots of interesting conversations, and it gave me the insane challenge of explaining the gospel in French. I had never done that before and so to say I was nervous was an understatement. But I was so grateful that God had used me and it was like he was finally unveiling my gifting. I can speak French, and I can use that language to tell others about the hope, life and love I have in Jesus. One man had no idea who the person of Jesus even was, so I had to explain pretty much everything, the story of Adam and Eve, the nativity, and the life and death of Jesus. It was definitely a scary moment, but the man was lovely and he let me pray for him and chat to him for a while. What a crazy night!

Here is the video of what we did, in the busy city centre of Montpellier on a balmy summer night:



No comments:

Post a Comment